The following constitutes general information; not legal advice. The Attorney can give you no opinions unless retained. She is not your attorney because you visited this website. You remain responsible for all statutes of limitations until you retain counsel.

I just got fired. Can I sue my employer?

ContractsIt depends.
Do you have a written contract of employment?
Did you sign an agreement to arbitrate all employment disputes?
Are you represented by a Union? If so, please contact your Union about filing a grievance.
Were you fired because of your race, sex, ethnic origin, religion, disability, age or for filing a charge of discrimination based on any of these? You can file a charge of discrimination with the Arizona Civil Rights Division (602-542-5263) or the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (602-640-5000).
Were you fired because you complained about wages, hours and working conditions on behalf of yourself and at least one other person or because of union activities? You can file a charge of discrimination with the National Labor Relations Board (602-640-2160).
Were you paid everything due you? You can file a wage claim with the State Labor Department of the Industrial Commission of Arizona if the amount is less than $5000.00 (602-542-4515).
Were you fired for making a safety complaint or calling OSHA to the job? You may file a charge of discrimination with the Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health (602-545-5795).

Our consultation fee is $300.00. Please contact us for our next available appointment by clicking on our Consultation Intake form on the home page.